Ajuste de funciones de ahusamiento a los perfiles fustales de cinco Pináceas de la región de El Salto, Durango

Madera y Bosques

View Publication Info
 
 
Field Value
 
Title Ajuste de funciones de ahusamiento a los perfiles fustales de cinco Pináceas de la región de El Salto, Durango
Ajuste de funciones de ahusamiento a los perfiles fustales de cinco Pináceas de la región de El Salto, Durango
 
Creator Corral R., Sacramento
Návar Chaidez, José de Jesús
Fernández Sánchez, Fabián
 
Subject Biging
El Salto
Durango
taper functions
México
pine species
Biging
El Salto
Durango
funciones de ahusamiento
México
pináceas
 
Description The objectives of this work were: 1) to estimate parameters and 2) to validate 7 taper functions fitted to stem profiles of  5 commercial pine species of the El Salto, Durango region. Measurements of diameter at several stem heights were conducted in fallen trees during harvesting operations. The total number of trees measured for each species was: 507 (Pinus cooperi), 453 (P. durangensis), 424 (P. engelmannii), 400 (P. leiophylla), and 322 (P. herrerae) of which 75% were used to estimate parameters and the remaining 25% to test the goodness of fit of taper fuctions of Clutter (1980), Amidon (1984), Biging (1984), Kozak (1988), Kozak y Newnham (1992). Parameters were fitted by least square techniques in linear, polinomial and multiple regression analysis. The goodness of fit test consisted of comparing the statistics, coefficient of determination, standard error, and skewness, as well as, normality, randomness, and common variance of errors. The results showed that the model of Biging (1984) estimated better the stem profiles of the five pine species since it showed one of the largest coefficient of determination, one of the smallest standard errors and errors were distributed close to the normal. For this reason, this model is recommended to estimate stem profiles of the pine species of the study area. The model estimates accurately stem volume for trees with diameter smaller than 30 cm but it requires additional research to estimate merchanteable volume of trees with diameters larger than 30 cm.
Los objetivos del presente trabajo fueron: 1) estimar parámetros y 2) validar 7 funciones de ahusamiento ajustadas a los perfiles fustales sin corteza de 5 especies comerciales de pino de la región de El Salto, Durango. Los diámetros sin corteza se midieron a diferentes alturas en árboles derribados en operaciones de aprovechamiento. El número total de árboles utilizado para cada especie fue de 507 de Pinus cooperi, 453 de P. durangensis, 424 de P. engelmannii, 400 de P. leiophylla y 322 de P. herrerae, de los cuales el 75% se utilizaron para estimar parámetros y el 25 % para validar los modelos de Clutter (1980); Amidon (1984); Biging (1984); Kozak (1988); Kozak, Rustagi y Loveless (1991) y Newnham (1992). Los parámetros se ajustaron por medio de regresión lineal, intrínsecamente lineal, polinomial, múltiple y no lineal. La prueba de validación consistió en comparar los estadísticos; coeficiente de determinación, el error estándar y el sesgo, incluyendo la distribución, normalidad y varianza común de los errores. Los resultados mostraron que el modelo de Biging (1984) predice mejor el perfil diamétrico sin corteza de las cinco especies, porque definió mejor la tendencia de los perfiles diamétricos, mostró uno de los coeficientes de determinación más altos, errores estándares más bajos y errores distribuidos más normalmente. Por esta razón se recomienda este modelo en la futura estimación de los perfiles fustales de las pináceas del área de estudio. El modelo estima adecuadamente el volumen fustal para árboles con diámetros menores a 30 cm pero requiere de investigación adicional para estimar volúmenes comerciales de árboles con diámetros mayores a 30 cm.
 
Publisher Instituto de Ecología, A.C.
 
Date 2016-09-05
 
Type info:eu-repo/semantics/article
info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion
Artículo evaluado por pares
 
Format application/pdf
 
Identifier https://myb.ojs.inecol.mx/index.php/myb/article/view/1347
10.21829/myb.1999.521347
 
Source Madera y Bosques; Vol. 5 No. 2 (1999): Otoño 1999; 53-65
Madera y Bosques; Vol. 5 Núm. 2 (1999): Otoño 1999; 53-65
2448-7597
1405-0471
 
Language spa
 
Relation https://myb.ojs.inecol.mx/index.php/myb/article/view/1347/1515
 
Rights Derechos de autor 2016 Madera y Bosques
 

Contact Us

The PKP Index is an initiative of the Public Knowledge Project.

For PKP Publishing Services please use the PKP|PS contact form.

For support with PKP software we encourage users to consult our wiki for documentation and search our support forums.

For any other correspondence feel free to contact us using the PKP contact form.

Find Us

Twitter

Copyright © 2015-2018 Simon Fraser University Library