EFFECT OF USING INSTAGRAM STORIES ON PHUBBING BEHAVIOR IN THE GENERATION Z OF SALATIGA

Profetik: Jurnal Komunikasi

View Publication Info
 
 
Field Value
 
Title EFFECT OF USING INSTAGRAM STORIES ON PHUBBING BEHAVIOR IN THE GENERATION Z OF SALATIGA
 
Creator Christian, Phang, Lifia Monica
Purnomo, Daru
Sari, Dewi Kartika
 
Subject Instagram Stories, Phubbing, Social Media, Z Generation
 
Description Instagram Stories is one of the main features of Instagram. Indonesia becomes one of the most active countries in using and creating Instagram Stories content compared to other countries.  However, the use of the Instagram Stories feature has raised concerns because of the daily activities, such as food consumed, holiday activities, and emotions that become the public consumptions by sharing moments using photos or videos through the Instagram Stories feature. When people use the feature on Instagram Stories to take moments and daily activities, this behavior triggers the ignorance of social interactions surrounding them because they only focus on creating Instagram Stories. The phenomenon of the moments’ preservation through Instagram Stories feature can create phubbing behavior as a definition that describes someone’s indifferent behavior in an environment. They tend to focus on their smartphones rather than interacting with their surroundings. This study was conducted to explore the influence of using Instagram Stories on Generation Z’s phubbing behavior in Salatiga city. It used quantitative methods with the linear regression technique. It used a purposive random sampling technique with 397 respondents as the samples. The result of this study showed that the use of Instagram Stories affects the phubbing behavior in Generation Z in Salatiga, as for the percentage of the influence of the variable use in Instagram Stories toward phubbing behavior is 31.1%. The rest, which is 68.9%, is affected by other factors outside of the use of Instagram Stories that were not conducted by the researchers
 
Publisher Universitas Islam Negeri Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta
 
Contributor
 
Date 2020-12-31
 
Type info:eu-repo/semantics/article
info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion
Peer-reviewed Article
 
Format application/pdf
 
Identifier http://ejournal.uin-suka.ac.id/isoshum/profetik/article/view/1950
10.14421/pjk.v13i2.1950
 
Source Profetik: Jurnal Komunikasi; Vol 13, No 2 (2020); 325-339
2549-0168
1979-2522
 
Language eng
 
Relation http://ejournal.uin-suka.ac.id/isoshum/profetik/article/view/1950/1463
http://ejournal.uin-suka.ac.id/isoshum/profetik/article/downloadSuppFile/1950/200
 
Rights Copyright (c) 2020 Profetik: Jurnal Komunikasi
 

Contact Us

The PKP Index is an initiative of the Public Knowledge Project.

For PKP Publishing Services please use the PKP|PS contact form.

For support with PKP software we encourage users to consult our wiki for documentation and search our support forums.

For any other correspondence feel free to contact us using the PKP contact form.

Find Us

Twitter

Copyright © 2015-2018 Simon Fraser University Library