Pre-services biology teachers: correlation of metacognition awareness with the ability to design experiments through vee diagram

BIOSFER : JURNAL PENDIDIKAN BIOLOGI

View Publication Info
 
 
Field Value
 
Title Pre-services biology teachers: correlation of metacognition awareness with the ability to design experiments through vee diagram
 
Creator Handayani, H
Widiantie, Rahma
 
Subject Ability to design experiments
Metacognition awareness
Pre-services
Vee Diagram
 
Description Practice plays a role in explaining theory through the form of laboratory activities. Practice in the form of investigation, such as designing experiments, is a form of practice that focuses on the thought thinking process compared to the verification practice. Designing experiments in the form of the Vee diagram are a practice that develops the thought process and metacognition awareness, and it has been one of the factors associated with design experiments. This study aimed to analyze the correlation of metacognition awareness towards the ability to design experiments that are outlined in the form of a Vee Diagram. The method used was correlational research that measured the relationship between metacognition awareness indicators. It consisted of declarative knowledge, procedural knowledge, limited knowledge, and cognition regulation with the ability to design experiments. The sampling technique used purposive sampling with  28 students of the third semester of a private university in Kuningan. Instruments in this study consisted of the Vee Diagram rubric and the Metacognitive Awareness Inventory (MAI) for metacognition awareness. The results showed that there was a correlation between declarative knowledge, procedural knowledge, limited knowledge, and cognition regulation simultaneously with the ability to design experiments by 63.4%. The remaining 36.6% came from other factors.
 
Publisher Universitas Negeri Jakarta
 
Date 2020-05-14
 
Type info:eu-repo/semantics/article
info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion
Peer-reviewed Article
 
Format application/pdf
 
Identifier http://journal.unj.ac.id/unj/index.php/biosfer/article/view/15092
10.21009/biosferjpb.v13n1.143-154
 
Source Biosfer: Jurnal Pendidikan Biologi; Vol 13 No 1 (2020): Biosfer: Jurnal Pendidikan Biologi; 143 - 154
2614-3984
0853-2451
10.21009/biosferjpb.v13n1
 
Language eng
 
Relation http://journal.unj.ac.id/unj/index.php/biosfer/article/view/15092/8761
 
Rights Copyright (c) 2020 Biosfer: Jurnal Pendidikan Biologi
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0
 

Contact Us

The PKP Index is an initiative of the Public Knowledge Project.

For PKP Publishing Services please use the PKP|PS contact form.

For support with PKP software we encourage users to consult our wiki for documentation and search our support forums.

For any other correspondence feel free to contact us using the PKP contact form.

Find Us

Twitter

Copyright © 2015-2018 Simon Fraser University Library