Self-Concept, Interest in Becoming a Teacher, Prerequisite Courses: What do the Most Determinant Factors in Microteaching Competencies of Prospective Teachers?

JETL (Journal Of Education, Teaching and Learning)

View Publication Info
 
 
Field Value
 
Title Self-Concept, Interest in Becoming a Teacher, Prerequisite Courses: What do the Most Determinant Factors in Microteaching Competencies of Prospective Teachers?
 
Creator Djudin, Tomo
 
Subject Self-Concept; Prerequisite Courses; Interest in Becoming a Teacher; Microteaching Competency
 
Description Self-concept, interest, learning motivation, and prerequisite knowledge potentially contributes to academic achievement. The aim of this study was to determine the relationship between self-concept, interest in becoming a teacher, academic achievement of prerequisite courses and prospective teachers’ competencies of microteaching. This correlational study involved 105 sixth semester students of science department in Education and Teacher Training Faculty (FKIP) of Pontianak, Tanjungpura University. The data collected by using the self- concept questionnaire and the questionnaire of interest in becoming a teacher. The achievement of prerequisite courses and the students’ competencies of microteaching taken from the academic subdivision of the faculty. The analysis found that self-concept, interest in becoming a teacher, and academic achievement in prerequisite courses associate significantly with prospective teachers’ competencies of microteaching (respectively rs = .35, rs = .38, and rs = .60, p < .05). In addition, coefficient of multiple correlation is also significant (R = .61, p < .05). It means that the relative contribution of predictor variables of this study on prospective teachers’ competencies of microteaching is 37.60% and the remaining 62.40% is determined by other uninvestigated variables. The study indicated that the prerequisite courses relate significantly with students’ ability to execute microteaching. Thus, an institution of teacher training should continually upgrade the quality of learning and instruction by providing the essential prerequisite content of courses the prospective teachers required.
 
Publisher STKIP Singkawang
 
Contributor
 
Date 2019-09-30
 
Type info:eu-repo/semantics/article
info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion
Peer-reviewed Article
 
Format application/pdf
 
Identifier https://journal.stkipsingkawang.ac.id/index.php/JETL/article/view/1322
10.26737/jetl.v4i2.1322
 
Source JETL (Journal Of Education, Teaching and Learning); Vol 4, No 2 (2019): Volume 4 Number 2 September 2019; 257-263
2477-8478
2477-5924
 
Language eng
 
Relation https://journal.stkipsingkawang.ac.id/index.php/JETL/article/view/1322/pdf
 
Rights Copyright (c) 2019 JETL (Journal Of Education, Teaching and Learning)
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0
 

Contact Us

The PKP Index is an initiative of the Public Knowledge Project.

For PKP Publishing Services please use the PKP|PS contact form.

For support with PKP software we encourage users to consult our wiki for documentation and search our support forums.

For any other correspondence feel free to contact us using the PKP contact form.

Find Us

Twitter

Copyright © 2015-2018 Simon Fraser University Library