Preliminary adaptation of the Randy Larsen affective intensity questionnaire: study of internal consistency and factor composition

Revista Iberoamericana de Psicología

View Publication Info
 
 
Field Value
 
Title Preliminary adaptation of the Randy Larsen affective intensity questionnaire: study of internal consistency and factor composition
Adaptación preliminar del cuestionario de intensidad afectiva de Randy Larsen: estudio de consistencia interna y composición factorial
 
Creator Guzmán, Jesua
Vázquez Moreno, Almitra
 
Description Within psychology, the study of emotions has revealed a series of dimensions among which affective intensity is highlighted as a
measure of self-report. However, there are no valid and reliable instruments that measure such construct and, even though there are
indirect methods to measure its presence, the need to validate the instruments (both by their theoretical properties and their use in the
clinical population) is prevailing; this situation constitutes a major problem. Objective: The present study aims to review the internal consistency and the factor analysis of the translation of the scale proposed by Larsen, for the population of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico). Method: A total of 108 subjects participated, with ages between 19 and 61 years; 50.9% were women and the remaining 49.1% were men. The application of the questionnaire was carried out both individually and in group. Results: A Cronbach ”salpha of .835, a McDonald”s omega of .877,
and a statistically significant discriminative capacity per item were obtained. In addition, 44.02% of the variance could be explained with four factors. Discussion: The obtained results are similar to those of the Spanish adaptation of the questionnaire, and one result was close
to one obtained by the original authors. These similarities in the factorial structure of the Spanish adaptation are considered to be due to cultural issues. Conclusion: The instrument contains an acceptable internal consistency, however, it is necessary to calculate the convergent validity as well as to strengthen construct validity, generating new researches.
 
Introducción: Dentro la psicología, el estudio de la emoción ha revelado una serie de dimensiones entre las que destaca la intensidad afectiva como medida de auto-reporte. No obstante, no hay a disposición instrumentos válidos y confiables que midan dicho constructo y, si bien existen métodos indirectos para medir su presencia, es imperante la necesidad de validar los instrumentos tanto por sus propiedades teóricas como su uso en población clínica; esta situación constituye una problemática. Objetivo: El presente estudio pretende revisar tanto la consistencia interna como el análisis factorial de la traducción de la escala propuesta por Larsen, para la población de la zona metropolitana de Guadalajara, Jalisco (México). Método: Participaron un total de 108 sujetos con edades entre 19 y 61 años; el 50.9% fueron mujeres y el 49.1% restante hombres. La aplicación del cuestionario fue realizada tanto de forma individual como grupal. Resultados: Se obtuvo un alfa de Cronbach de .835, un omega de McDonald de .877 y una capacidad discriminativa estadísticamente significativa por ítem, además 44.02% de la varianza pudo ser explicada con cuatro factores. Discusión: Fueron obtenidos resultados similares a los de la adaptación española del cuestionario y un resultado cercano al obtenido por los autores originales. Se considera que la semejanza encontrada en la estructura factorial de la adaptación española es debida a cuestiones culturales. Conclusión: El instrumento tiene una consistencia interna aceptable, sin embargo, es necesario calcular la validez convergente, así como fortalecer la validez del constructo, generando nuevas investigaciones.
 
Publisher ĬbērAM
 
Date 2018-12-31
 
Type info:eu-repo/semantics/article
info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion
Cuantitativo
 
Format application/pdf
 
Identifier https://reviberopsicologia.ibero.edu.co/article/view/rip.11205
10.33881/2027-1786.rip.11205
 
Source Revista Iberoamericana de Psicología; Vol. 11 Núm. 2 (2018): Revista Iberoamericana de Psicología; 43-50
2500-6517
2027-1786
 
Language spa
 
Relation https://reviberopsicologia.ibero.edu.co/article/view/rip.11205/pdf
 

Contact Us

The PKP Index is an initiative of the Public Knowledge Project.

For PKP Publishing Services please use the PKP|PS contact form.

For support with PKP software we encourage users to consult our wiki for documentation and search our support forums.

For any other correspondence feel free to contact us using the PKP contact form.

Find Us

Twitter

Copyright © 2015-2018 Simon Fraser University Library