Analisis kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita matematika ditinjau dari kemampuan verbal

Beta Jurnal Tadris Matematika

View Publication Info
 
 
Field Value
 
Title Analisis kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita matematika ditinjau dari kemampuan verbal
 
Creator Wahyuddin, Wahyuddin
 
Description [Bahasa]: Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk mengetahui tingkat kemampuan verbal, kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita, dan pengaruh kemampuan verbal terhadap kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita matematika pada siswa kelas VII SMP Muhammadiyah Se-Kota Makassar. Jenis penelitian ini adalah ex-post facto yang bersifat kausalitas dengan populasi siswa kelas VII SMP Muhammadiyah se-kota Makassar sebanyak 1048 siswa yang tersebar di 10 sekolah. Sampel diambil sebanyak 145 siswa dengan teknik stratified cluster random sampling.  Tes digunakan sebagai instrumen penelitian. Data dianalisis menggunakan statistika deskriptif dan analisis inferensial (Analisis korelasi dan regresi). Hasil penelitian menunjukkan bahwa: (1) Tingkat kemampuan verbal siswa berada pada kategori sedang dengan nilai rata-rata 51,83;  (2) Tingkat kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita siswa berada pada kategori sedang dengan nilai rata-rata 70,62; (3) Kemampuan verbal memiliki korelasi dengan kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita matematika dengan besar hubungan 67,5%; (4) Kemampuan verbal berpengaruh positif  terhadap kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita dengan pengaruh sebesar 42% sedangkan sisanya sebesar 58% dipengaruhi oleh variabel lain. Dengan demikian dapat diartikan bahwa semakin baik atau semakin tinggi kemampuan verbal yang dimiliki oleh siswa maka kemampuan menyelesaikan soal cerita siswa tersebut akan semakin baik atau semakin tinggi.
[English]: This study aims to determine the level of verbal ability, ability to solve word problems, and the effect of verbal ability toward the ability to solve word problem in grade 7 SMP Muhammadiyah se-Makassar. This study is causality ex-post facto with the population of 1048 grade 7 students which spread in 10 schools. The sample is 145 students selected through stratified cluster random sampling method. A test is used as the research instrument. Descriptive and inferential statistics (correlation and regression analysis) are used to analyze data. The results of this study show that: (1) the level of verbal ability is in middle category with average score 51,83; (2) the level of ability to solve word problem is in middle category with average score 70,62; (3) verbal ability relates to the ability of solving word problem with 67,5%; (4) verbal ability has positive effect toward the ability to solve word problem with influence rate 42%  while the remaining rate 58% is affected by other variables. In conclusion, the better or the higher the students have verbal ability then the better or the higher the ability of students to solve word problem.  
 
Publisher Universitas Islam Negeri (UIN) Mataram
 
Date 2016-12-29
 
Type info:eu-repo/semantics/article
info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion
 
Format application/pdf
 
Identifier https://jurnalbeta.ac.id/index.php/betaJTM/article/view/9
10.20414/betajtm.v9i2.9
 
Source Beta: Jurnal Tadris Matematika; Vol 9 No 2 (2016): Beta Nopember; 148-160
2541-0458
2085-5893
 
Language ind
 
Relation https://jurnalbeta.ac.id/index.php/betaJTM/article/view/9/10
 
Rights Copyright (c) 2016 Beta Jurnal Tadris Matematika
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
 

Contact Us

The PKP Index is an initiative of the Public Knowledge Project.

For PKP Publishing Services please use the PKP|PS contact form.

For support with PKP software we encourage users to consult our wiki for documentation and search our support forums.

For any other correspondence feel free to contact us using the PKP contact form.

Find Us

Twitter

Copyright © 2015-2018 Simon Fraser University Library