SPECIFIC PROSTATE ANTIGEN IN ADULTS OF 40 TO 49 YEARS OF THE URBAN PARISHES

Revista de Investigación Talentos

View Publication Info
 
 
Field Value
 
Title SPECIFIC PROSTATE ANTIGEN IN ADULTS OF 40 TO 49 YEARS OF THE URBAN PARISHES
ANTÍGENO PROSTÁTICO ESPECÍFICO EN ADULTOS DE 40 A 49 AÑOS DE LAS PARROQUIAS URBANAS DE CUENCA
 
Creator Macero Méndez, Reina
Castro López, Miriam
Vintimilla Galarza, Jorge
Reina Minchalo, Jessica
 
Description Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is a glycoprotein secreted by the epithelial cells of the prostate, total PSA is usually found at levels below 4ng / ml, however, higher levels are detected in benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatitis, prostate cancer, therefore, a periodic control of the total PSA is indispensable. On the other hand, the research was observational in a descriptive manner whose objective was to determine the PSA values through the micro ELISA technique in adults aged 40 to 49 who belong to the 15 urban parishes of the city of Cuenca. In this context, it was possible to determine that 5% of the studied inhabitants have values higher than 4ng / ml, while the remaining 95% do not present major problems. Statistically, the ratio of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) values obtained from the inhabitants with the body mass index (BMI) and family history of prostate disease was demonstrated, given that the values obtained (p = 0.000) are within the range of allowed acceptance of statistical significance (p <0.05).
El antígeno prostático específico (PSA) constituye una glicoproteína secretada por las células epiteliales de la próstata, el PSA total normalmente se encuentra en niveles inferiores a 4ng/ml, sin embargo, niveles superiores son detectados en hiperplasia prostática benigna, prostatitis, cáncer de próstata, por lo que, resulta indispensable un control periódico del PSA total. Por otro lado, la investigación fue observacional de tipo descriptivo cuyo objetivo recayó en la determinación de los valores del PSA a través de la técnica de micro ELISA en adultos de 40 a 49 años que pertenecen a las 15 parroquias urbanas de la ciudad de Cuenca. Bajo este contexto, se pudo determinar que el 5% de los habitantes estudiados poseen valores superiores a 4ng/ml, mientras que el 95% restante no presenta mayores problemas. Estadísticamente, se demostró la relación de Valores de Antígeno prostático específico (PSA) obtenidos de los habitantes con el índice de masa corporal (IMC) y los antecedentes familiares de enfermedad prostática, dado que los valores obtenidos (p = 0,000) se encuentran dentro del rango de aceptación permitido de la significación estadística (p < 0.05).
 
Publisher Universidad Estatal de Bolívar - Departamento de Investigación
 
Date 2019-06-17
 
Type info:eu-repo/semantics/article
info:eu-repo/semantics/publishedVersion
 
Format application/pdf
text/html
 
Identifier http://talentos.ueb.edu.ec/index.php/talentos/article/view/164
10.33789/talentos.6.1.97
 
Source Research Journal Talents; Vol 6 No 1 (2019): Talent Research Journal January - June; 75-84
Revista de Investigación Talentos; Vol. 6 Núm. 1 (2019): Revista de Investigación Talentos Enero - Junio; 75-84
2631-2476
1390-8197
 
Language spa
 
Relation http://talentos.ueb.edu.ec/index.php/talentos/article/view/164/233
http://talentos.ueb.edu.ec/index.php/talentos/article/view/164/234
 
Rights Derechos de autor 2020 Revista de Investigación Talentos
 

Contact Us

The PKP Index is an initiative of the Public Knowledge Project.

For PKP Publishing Services please use the PKP|PS contact form.

For support with PKP software we encourage users to consult our wiki for documentation and search our support forums.

For any other correspondence feel free to contact us using the PKP contact form.

Find Us

Twitter

Copyright © 2015-2018 Simon Fraser University Library